nest support & care ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Who we are.
nest support & care ltd is registered at Unit 2 Churchill Court, 58 Station Road, North Harrow, Harrow, England, HA2 7SA, company number 12645310.
For the purpose of UK data protection laws, nest support & care ltd is the data controller. We process and store information in accordance with the data protection legislation of the UK and our own policies and procedures.
nest support & care ltd specialises in providing supported accommodation needs for care leavers and young homeless people age 16 and over. The information we collect and process about you will depend on the services we provide to you. Any other organisations we work with maintain their own privacy policies which are available on their individual websites.
● Our company website.
● General enquiries received by us, whether by post, phone, email, online, social media or other online activity.
● Services provided by nest support & care ltd.
● Our employees or potential employees.
● Visits to or use of any of our premises.
What information we collect.
We collect, process and store information about you in order to provide our supported accommodation service. The legal justification for this collection is compliant with articles 6 and 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This information in only retained for a period of time (Children’s Homes Regulations 2015; Information Commissioners Office, 2019).
The data we collect will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose(s) for which it is held. It will be accurate , up to date and only kept for as long as it is necessary.
We collect personal information and also special categories of data (health information, details relating to criminal convictions etc) at the point of referral to determine whether we can provide services. Should the referral go no further, then this information is permanently deleted. If we offer services to you then we will continue to hold this information, including additional data gathered throughout the duration of our service delivery so long as that information is relevant and not excessive. Data such as health information or employment information for example are relevant as it can help determine the type of support that is required and where that support could be delivered.
We also collect personal and special categories of data in relation to staffing and employment. This is necessary
How we collect your information.
We may collect your information:
●Directly from you, or from connected service users or family as relevant to the service.
●Throughout your time using the service as observed by staff or those involved in the provision of the service.
● From the Local Authority who commissions the service or any other customer.
● Other correspondence with you by phone, letter, email or otherwise.
● Professional advisors, GP, solicitors and other legal providers who may be acting on behalf of you or us.
● Official bodies and other public authorities to whom we do not provide services such as law enforcement agencies.
● Social media organisations where you have permitted the organisation to share with us information you have provided to the service or made public in connection with that service
How we use your information.
We will only use your information for the purpose(s) it was collected for, mainly to ensure that we can deliver the most appropriate service to you and to keep you protected. There may also be occasion where we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose or where there is a legal requirement for us to use that information, such as service development and improvement. We may process your information without your knowledge or consent only where this is required or permitted by law, for example to comply with Safeguarding.
Who we share your information with.
In order to deliver our services and fulfil our legal obligations, we will share your information as relevant and required. This includes sharing information with the following:
● Local Authorities and their agents who commission our contracts. This is to ensure, but not limited to, service delivery, contract monitoring and for Safeguarding.
● Health & Social Care agencies where necessary and if relevant.
● Law enforcement agencies and other emergency service providers.
● Third party agencies and sub-contractors where it is necessary for, and / or to improve service delivery.
● Individuals whom you have agreed we should share information about you with, or who are acting in your interest, such as your next of kin.
How long your information will be kept for.
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide services to you, to fulfil our legitimate business interests or to meet our legal obligations. In order to meet our legal obligations, it may be we need to keep your information even when you are no longer actively receiving services from us. However once we no longer require that information it will be disposed of/destroyed permanently.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which we were originally processing it, the potential risk of harm from its unauthorised disclosure or loss and any legitimate interests or legal obligations its retention may be required to meet. This is different from service user to service user and also different if you have been an employee.
You have various legal rights in relation to the personal information that we collect and process:
● A right to access the information that we process about you, together with information about why and how we are using it, who we have shared it with and other information.
● A right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
● A right to ask us to erase information if we no longer have a legal basis for processing or storing it (please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not)
● A right to ask us to restrict processing your information in certain circumstances
● A right to object to us using particular information, or using it in a particular way
● A right to object to us using and storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
For more information on your privacy rights under current data protection law, including the circumstances under which they apply, we recommend you visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website at: www.ico.org.uk.
Keeping your information secure.
We take seriously the need to keep the personal information we process secure and have in place various organisational and technical measures to prevent information being accidently lost, stolen, accessed or disclosed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your information to those with a genuine business need to see it so those processing your information will do so in an authorised manner and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We maintain various industry standard security technologies and tools to prevent and detect unauthorised access and amendments to our systems to ensure safety of your personal information.
We maintain policies and procedures to help ensure a consistent approach to security best practices and behaviours across our company, including keeping paper records safe, physically securing buildings, the safe transfer and handling of data and the secure use of our systems.
How to complain.
If you are concerned about any aspect of how we handle your personal information or your rights as outlined above, you can contact our Data Protection Officer on the details below. Alternatively you can log a complaint directly with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner. Details can be found on the ICO website:
How to contact us.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at and via post by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Unit 2 Churchill Court, 58 Station Road, North Harrow, Harrow, England, HA2 7SA